FaceTime for PC is a video calling app that is exclusively available for Apple users. You can use FaceTime for Windows on iPhones, iPads, and Mac. It is an inbuilt app, and you don’t need to download it on your device from App Store. We have mentioned features of FaceTime. How to use it? How you can download Facetime on your PC? So go through the article to know about FaceTime for PC.
FaceTime for PC App Info
|Name||FaceTime For PC|
|Windows Supported||Microsoft Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10|
|Supported Operating System||Windows|
|File Size||21 MB|
|Total Downloads||56 Million+|
|Last Updated||Feb 6th, 2018|
FaceTime for PC Requirements
To run FaceTime for PC, your device should meet the following requirements. They are:
- On iOS: iOS version should be higher than 4.
- On Mac: Mac OS X 10.6.6 or higher and compatible camera.
- Devices: FaceTime works on iPhone 4 and higher, 4th Gen iPod touch and higher, iPad 2 and higher, iPad mini (all models), iPad pro (all models).
- Windows 10 if you want to use it through iPadian.
- FaceTime is not available on the devices used in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Pakistan.
How to Download FaceTime for PC/Windows/Mac
In order to use FaceTime on Mac pc, you can directly download it from the below link and install it.
To use FaceTime on Windows PC, you will need an iOS emulator. iOS emulators are the software that virtualizes iPhone on your PC. Emulators give exact look and feel of iOS devices. Some of the emulators are iPadian, Air, MobiOne Studio, SmartFace, etc. Here we will demonstrate on iPadian.
- You can download it from the This Link.
- Now I assume that you have downloaded iPadian. Now to install it follow the following steps:
- Double-click the .exe to start the installation process.
- After the installation process completes, run the emulator.
- Completing the various formalities, the emulator will set up.
- Now search FaceTime for PC in a search bar and then double-click to launch it.
- Now your FaceTime sets up.
- Download FaceTime for Android. It is running successfully on Android platform also.
Features of FaceTime for PC
Versatile: FaceTime PC app is very user-friendly and versatile. It has a great user interface and you can quickly figure out how to use it.
A picture in Picture View: While on a video call you have a picture in picture view, i.e., it shows your picture as well as other person’s picture so you can know how you are looking to the other person.
Use Either of the Cameras: FaceTime for iPhone allows you to quickly switch between your rear camera and front camera.
High Definition Video Call: FaceTime for PC Video quality in video calling is high. It provides 720p video quality. But it can be higher as it depends on the front camera of your device.
Landscape View as well as Portrait View: During a video call you can switch between landscape view as well as portrait view in Facetime for Windows. If you tilt your phone then the image at other user’s end will get automatically set according to him.
No More Carrier Charges: FaceTime for PC app works using internet data. And if you don’t have internet connectivity then you can use mobile carrier charges too. If you want to make a video or voice call.
How to Use FaceTime for PC
To use FaceTime for PC, you should have logged in to your Apple id. Or you can also register using your cell phone number. If you are using iPhone, then your phone number will automatically register. But if you are using iPad then you have to register into FaceTime for Mac using Apple id. To register your email, go to Setting>FaceTime>Use your Apple ID for FaceTime and sign in with your Apple ID.
After you have signed in and got into FaceTime for Windows app, you can make calls. To make a call, you should have person’s phone number or registered email address. Follow the below guidelines to make a FaceTime call:
- Enter the person’s phone number or email id and then tap the call button.
- If there is the person in your contacts who have registered in FaceTime for PC, then you can call them by just typing their name and then tapping call button.
- If you want to start FaceTime for PC video call during a voice call, then there’s an option on which we mentioned FaceTime . Just click that, and video call will begin.
- If you are on FaceTime audio call and another phone call or FaceTime for PC audio calls comes then you can opt for any three given option:
- End & Accept: End the current call and accept the incoming call.
- Hold & Accept: Hold the current call and accept the incoming call.
- Send to Voicemail: Decline the incoming call.
Similar Apps Like FaceTime for PC
There are a lot of apps present in the market that allows us to make a video call. Though there is no official version of FaceTime available on Android here, we will tell you about the alternatives of FaceTime for Android.
Google Duo: One of the best video calling app in today’s market is Google Duo. It is available on Android as well as on iOS. It will link to your Google ID and has a very user-friendly interface. Google Duo has very cool features in video calling. Like you can have a group chat, rear and front camera switching, picture in picture view and much more.
Google Duo came recently in the market, and it provides the best video quality among all the video calling app. It uses internet data to establish a connection. If you want to download the app just visit the following link:
iMessage: iMessage on PC is the most known messaging app among all the PC users. It is a very famous app as it comes for free and provides a plethora of features. Like instant messaging, unlimited chats, free stickers, group video calling, voice calling, use internet data, etc. You can Download iMessage for PC then proceed by clicking the link.
Skype: Skype is among the oldest applications that provide video calling features. Before any smartphone came into market Skype lets its users have a video conferencing. With the passing time, Skype has also developed itself into its better version. And provides every other feature that is provided by other similar apps. It allows its user to make national as well as international video calls. You can get Skype from its official site at free of cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1 How to record the FaceTime call on iPhone and Mac?
A1 To record a FaceTime for PC call, you have to use 3rd party software or use your Mac’s QuickTime application. One of the 3rd party software that can help you record FaceTime call is Ecamm’s Call Recorder for FaceTime.
Q2 How can I call landline phones using FaceTime voice call?
A2 FaceTime for PC calls can only connect to other Apple user. You cannot make a FaceTime call to a landline phone or a non-Apple device.
Q3 How much data is FaceTime for PC Video calling use?
A3 Five minutes of FaceTime video calling consumes up to 15 MB of data. And 5 minutes of FaceTime audio call consumes up to 3 MB of data.
Q4 How can I switch FaceTime for PC to use carrier charges rather than cellular data or wifi?
A4 You cannot use FaceTime for PC without cellular data. If you want to switch between mobile data or wifi then you can do it in Settings>FaceTime> Cellular Data, here toggle the cellular data option. It will change the FaceTime to use mobile data rather than wifi.
Q5 How to block contacts or numbers on FaceTime for PC?
A5 There is no particular option to block any contact from FaceTime. Instead, you can do this by preventing a contact or a phone number apart from FaceTime for Windows. But even after doing this the person can drop a voicemail, but you will not get the notification.